Heading To New York. Need Help/Advice.
I have been following the Occupy Wall Street protests for a while. And for the past couple of days, I have been seriously thinking of heading to New York to participate. The visit is likely to be in mid-to-late October or early November.
While I plan to spend my days at Liberty Plaza Park, it is not possible for me to camp out there at night due to a chronic back condition. So I’m looking for a reasonably-priced place to stay for a week.
1. The place should be clean, have an attached bathroom, and in a safe neighbourhood.
2. It should be close to a subway station and not more than a 45-60 minute ride from Liberty Plaza Park.
3. It should be independent accommodation, not a guest room in someone’s house as I will probably be coming and going at odd hours. I wouldn’t mind guest accommodation if it’s with someone who is active in the protest himself/herself.
4. It should have a wireless internet connection.
5. I am obviously looking for something that is reasonably-priced but am not on a shoestring budget.
6. If someone else is looking for something similar, I would be happy to share and split the costs.
Please let me know if you know of such a place or where I can find one online. I am already looking on www.airbnb.com and www.tripadvisor.com. Please leave your responses in comments or email me at bonnarookie at gmail dot com. Thanks in advance.
As far as someone being on the same boat as you, I highly recommend that if they’re reading this, they contact you via your tumblr.
Finding a cheap location in NYC won’t be hard, but the commute will be the 40mins+, but that’s not too bad. I hope you can make it down to the city! We hope to see you soon.